A SynTouch Haptics Study consists of three steps:
The first step is the most important. It consists of properly formulating your product questions and the study’s test and analysis protocol. You can find a short list of possible questions here. This step consumes approximately 10%–15% of the study’s time.
The second step consists of acquiring your samples’ haptic data with the Toccare® Haptics Measurement System at our test lab. This step consumes approximately 10%–15% of the study’s time.
The Toccare system always collects the same haptic data; what changes between studies are the data analyses and visualizations necessary to answer the questions formulated during the study’s first step. This final step consumes approximately 70%–80% of the study’s time.
You have two options for engaging us to conduct a SynTouch Haptics Study:
Option 1 – Regular study
Chose this option if you know that a SynTouch Haptics Study will help answer your product questions.
Cost: Starts at $5,000 and goes up from there depending on the materials being tested and the questions you need answered.
Option 2 – Discovery study
This specially priced option is limited to organizations that want to conduct an initial, one-time assessment of how SynTouch Haptics Studies help answer product questions. It is identical to a regular study except for the following limits:
- Only one product question
- The most common product question is to find haptic differences between existing products, prototypes or competitive products. You are welcome to propose a different question.
- Sample quantity and type
- No more than 10 samples. Each tested orientation (e.g., machine direction or cross-direction) and side (e.g., top or bottom) counts toward the limit of 10 samples.
- Flat. That is, not contoured.
- Each sample must measure at least 3”x3”.
- Either no cleaning required or cleaning with standard isopropyl alcohol.
- Dry materials.
- Normal environmental conditions of temperature and humidity.
Cost: $2,500. This one-time cost is available only once to an organization that has not previously worked with SynTouch, and is subject to the above study limits.
Please contact us to schedule a complimentary call to either discuss your options or start formulating your study’s scope and budget.